7oz Kalonji Seeds Black Seed Nigella sativa
200g (7oz) Kalongi Seeds - Nigella sativa - Black Seed
Nigella sativa (Kalonji or simply Nigella) is an annual flowering plant in the family Ranunculaceae, native to south and southwest Asia. It grows to 20–30 cm (7.9–11.8 in) tall, with finely divided, linear (but not thread-like) leaves. The flowers are delicate, and usually coloured pale blue and white, with five to ten petals. The fruit is a large and inflated capsule composed of three to seven united follicles, each containing numerous seeds which are used as spice, sometimes as a replacement for original black cumin (Bunium bulbocastanum).
It has been said that nigella can cure anything short of death or plague. Kalonji or black seeds may be helpful as a laxative because of their high oil content, and the oil made from the seeds might be helpful in treating dry skin. Beyond that, most of the purported herbal remedies are based on slim and anecdotal evidence, with little Western medical evidence in the form of double-blind clinical trials to support claims of the magic cures the seeds supposedly offer. Black seeds has been used as a tasty addition to foods, In Herbal medicine it has been used to promote health . Consider topping breads with kalonji, adding a few seeds to soups or stews, or mixing them into hummus for extra texture.
The small black seeds are got from kalonji bushes, which are grown widely throughout India. The seeds are about the same size as sesame seeds, though they have a more triangular instead of oval shape.
Apart from being a wonderful medicine, kalonji is a superb spice, used to flavour a variety of traditional dishes including pickle
• Black seed contains nigella and melatin, two ingredients that give it highly diversified medicinal powers. These substances work together to improve digestion and to cleanse the body.
• Nigella seeds also help fight against respiratory ailments.
• It also acts as an antihistamine, which helps to reduce the negative symptoms of allergy sufferers.
• It is also a strong antioxidant and helps cleanse the body of toxins.
• Black seed provides a rich supply of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which play a key role in daily health and wellness. They help to regulate metabolism, balance insulin levels, control cholesterol, improve body circulation, and promote healthy liver function.
• Mix a teaspoon of kalonji oil in boiling water and inhale the vapors twice a day. This helps to relieve nasal congestion.
• To arrest vomiting, it helps to take ½ a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice mixed with equal amount of kalonji seeds powder, twice a day.
• For getting rid of worms in the tummy, mix 1 spoon of vinegar with half teaspoon kalonji seeds powder and have it twice daily before food for 10 days, during which time you ought to avoid sweets.