Toor Dal / Split Pigeon Peas 2lb
Toor Dal / Split Pigeon Peas 4lb
- In India, split pigeon peas, called toor
- Pigeon peas are both a food crop (dried peas, flour, or green vegetable peas) and a forage/cover crop.
- In combination with cereals, pigeon peas make a well-balanced meal and hence are favoured by nutritionists as an essential ingredient for balanced diets.
- The dried peas may be sprouted briefly, then cooked, for a flavor different from the green or dried peas.
- Sprouting also enhances the digestibility of dried pigeon peas via the reduction of indigestible sugars that would otherwise remain in the cooked dried peas.
- Pigeon peas contain high levels of protein and the important amino acids methionine, lysine, and tryptophan.